TV App Review reporting 'CRITICAL: Infinite loading after launch the app.' but we can't reproduce

We submitted a TV app for review. The app review team reported an issue for 17-18 model groups (The issue is ‘CRITICAL: Infinite loading after launch the app’).

We went out and purchased a 2018 TV to try and reproduce the issue, but we were not able to do so, even after side-loading the exact same .wgt app that was submitted to try to get as close as possible to the review scenario. As far as we can see, the app loads ok and does so pretty quickly, typically a couple of seconds for Samsung TVs we have tested against (going back to 2016 TVs)

We posted a follow-up to 1:1 Q&A to try to obtain more information so we can reproduce & fix, but it’s been a week and we have not received any response.

We don’t know where to go from here as we can’t fix an issue that we can’t reproduce. If anyone has been in this situation, we would love to learn from he experience. Please share!

Hi Hugo,

It is a holiday weekend in the USA but if they don’t respond by Tuesday, post and update. I’ll be back and see if I can nudge someone.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like

HI Hugo,

Did you get any response yet?

Ron

Hi Ron & thanks for following up! I have not received a response, I would certainly appreciate it if you would nudge someone?

Hi Hugo,

Open your 1:1 enquiry and submit a video of your app loading correctly on a 2018 TV and include an image of model number, etc.

Once you have done that send me the inquiry number and I can try to do something higher up.

Ron

The original 1:1 request already includes a link to a video showing our app loading ok on a 2018 TV (the video shows the TV’s setting screen with the model info as well)

The url of the inquiry is https://seller.samsungapps.com/tv/qna/detail/2220033391, so I assume that the inquiry # is 2220033391.
I could not find another identifying number associated with the inquiry (but happy to go back and take another look if 2220033391 is not the number you were looking for!)

I asked my contact in the TV Store Operations team but that isn’t really who does the support so it may take a bit to get a response or it may just get resolved without me getting a response.

Ron

Thanks Ron, I appreciate the help - hopefully I will be hearing from the TV team within a reasonable timeframe.

On a related note, for '19 models and later, our app has been in “Waiting Launch” status since May 19th. I was told that it should hit the app store after 3-5 days. It has been 13 days now so we are wondering if our app somehow fell through the cracks ?

When I asked about this I was told this is a “deeper issue” and there is a team investigating it. If it isn’t approved by Wednesday post a response and I’ll contact you for App ID to look into it more.

Ron