Update error

It’s been 13 months since I’ve updated anything however now when trying to update, after the hitting the update button then the yellow updating text in the registration tab I am getting a generic error of “You do not have access to this function. Sorry, you don’t have privileges to run this command.”
Any idea why this is happening? I did a search here and didn’t come up with anything.
Thanks in advance!

Is it a watch face? If so then your partnership has been revoked. If it is an Android App they you probably don’t have the correct or an expired Author Certificate. You can only update content with the author certificate used to create that app.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, it is my collection of watch face designs that are effectively frozen. I’m unable to update or edit all that are currently still available for download and sale. It seems the single warning email I received during that period about uploading a binary to force a terms and services agreement via pop-up went into my junk mail. It also seems like the most convoluted way of doing this as I logged in several times during that period to check my stats and if it was a pop-up on the home page I most certainly would have seen it and agreed.

Have you heard of anyone getting their accounts “unrevoked”? My understanding is that I have to apply as a new designer, get approved, then transfer my projects to myself unless you know of another way. Thanks in advance,
Kevin

Hi,

Have you heard of anyone getting their accounts “unrevoked”?

Your account wasn’t revoked your Watch Face Seller partnership was revoked. Your apps were suspended (previous owners can redownload them but not deleted).

My understanding is that I have to apply as a new designer, get approved, then transfer my projects to myself unless you know of another way.

The chances of being approve are slim. They are very very particular and limited in the number of approvals but try.

My advice is to go to Watch Face Studio and develop apps for Galaxy Watch4 or use one of the 3rd party watch design tools.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations