Watch Face seller permission pledge 10

In a very frustrating move, my Watch face apps have been suspended.
So exactly when did the email about the Watch Face seller permission pledge go out?
I’m with Adel, I don’t think I ever saw the email. But right now can someone give me a link to it?
Or maybe even a copy of the original notification?
Thanks,Stay well
Dan

Hi Dan,

The email went out to active developers at the end of April. The notification was posted in the seller portal on April 20th.

Inactive developers were already suspended for violating the agreement from last fall and were not sent email letters.

If you feel this was a mistake or you have a justified reason to continue selling contact the seller portal support 1:1 Enquiry and they can assist you or tell you how to appeal.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

Hello Ron,
I was searching on my emails after checking forum post, and believe it or not, I thought I was passing a bad time selling my watchfaces…but I started to suspect about it, and finally I noticed that my account is suspended.

How can I reactivate my desings?
is it possible to reactivate them? or should I reload all of them?

please advise.

You can do neither one. You need to reapply to become a watch face seller again. If you are approved then you can reactivate your watch designs.

If you want to open a support request I can check the reason for your suspension but it is for one of these reasons.

In October 2019 the watch face seller system was changed to a closed ecosystem and all sellers had to agree to new terms of service to continue to sell content.
In March 2020 all sellers that had not agreed to the new terms of service were removed from the Watch face seller permission and need to reapply to sell again.
In May 2020 all inactive sellers were removed as part of the new agreement was to upload or update content
In May 2020 a new pledge was required and all active sellers were sent notices and a notice was placed in the seller portal.
In July all that had not submitted a pledge watch face seller permission was revoked
In October all the inactive seller permission to sell watch faces was revoked.
If you feel you had just cause for not being active after signing the pledge please open a support request.

To reapply see this page
to open a support request go to this page.

I’m sorry you got caught up in this but it was done in a very slow and methodical manner with notifications and long time frames to comply before any suspensions were done.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

1 Like