Watch Face Studio Feature Request Q1 2023

Create new Feature Requests for Watch Face Studio in this topic.

Feature request will be gathered and submitted to the Development Team and Samsung Support.

Do not report bugs in this topic.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like

One click Lock/Unlock on Layers . Separate from Show Hide Icon . Could be above so Lock and Hide are in the same column . Brighter Icons for both when on . Please .

1 Like

Already go that and I agree it is terrible to see or understand what it means for newbies.

Ron

2 Likes

@r.liechty_SDR . Are we allowed to make Multiple Requests . I am sure that if your Heart Rate is Below 10BPM you will not care too much if there is a Leading Zero on the Display . Can we please exchange [HR_Z] for pi .

There is no limit to tags so no need to exchange one for the other but pi is not a tag so just use 3.1.416

Ron

2 Likes

3.14159 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1. MULTIPLE LAYOUT OPTIONS. for the user to select from, so things could be re-arranged like it is already possible on many of the Google Pixel watch faces. Sample:

multiple_layouts

1. SHOW/HIDE ITEMS BASED ON TOGGLE (USER INPUT). This would allow even further customization from the user side. Maybe toggles that are linked to tags/expressions so designers can determine conditions based on that. For example if toggle 1 is ON then show hide certain items, if OFF, do the opposite, etc. Sample:

screenshot-2022-12-23-14-30-00

1. ADAPTIVE COMPLICATIONS. I think this was already asked before but can’t confirm. Basically allow for the user to choose what they want to see, and based on that to pull a specific type of complication that serves their preference. This is also already possible with Google Pixel watch faces. I have found that with recent implementation users feel too constrained when they can’t change the type of complication of a specific slot.
2 Likes

I don’t know how to describe it:
The preview should be better matched to the original (on the real watch).
I am sorry if this should be classified as a bug. However, I think that it was simply forgotten and can therefore pass as a “feature”.
For example, the German “Day_Week_S” is displayed incorrectly:
(right studio, left real device)
Screenshot_20221228_202555_sysui
grafik

The format of the day is not correct (in the real device you can see the “.”)

The calendar icon is grayed out on the real device - even if an appointment is pending - this is also displayed incorrectly.

And also the notification icon is wrong.

And lastly there is no % for the battery at the real devices

*I don’t know if this is true on older versions of watches and if this looks like this there (I owned the Watch 5 Pro). But then it would be nice to have a way to change the design preview to Watch 4 or 5.

1 Like

@Vito

I agree with you almost entirely… having said that the emulator uses exemplars and they may not match real world. Still WFS should try to duplicate as closely as possible.

The format of the day is not correct (in the real device you can see the “.”)

This was just discussed today. I really had to dig to find out that the period is part of the abbreviation in the standard.

The calendar icon is grayed out on the real device - even if an appointment is pending - this is also displayed incorrectly.

It was worse, I think the calendar complication needs to be updated as well. Still when there is a designer set default they should match as you said.

And also the notification icon is wrong.
Again Exemplar icon.

And lastly there is no % for the battery at the real devices

This is again it did match the complication was updated after WFS 2.0.0 was released.

But I agree bugs.

*I don’t know if this is true on older versions of watches and if this looks like this there (I owned the Watch 5 Pro). But then it would be nice to have a way to change the design preview to Watch 4 or 5.

But even both Watch4 and Watch5 are running the Same One UI version but even if we did match Watch4 and Watch5 it may not be the same for other brands of Smart Watches running Wear OS

But please keep letting us know about these inconsistencies we can report them even for exemplars so we can have a better look and feel out of the box.

Ron

1 Like

I have seen this inconsistence in abbreviations (that actually are not abbreviations, but “who knows what standard”, that actually is no standard) since the tizen (I did not look earlier) and seems we will have it there until they replace android wear with something better (which I meanwhile am not interested to see anymore).

1 Like

ISO 8610 is for time and dates
the unicode library is what is used to change the data to string information and that is another standard.

The library GWS used has been deprecated

Ron

1 Like

Thank you for reply. The ISO does not define abbreviations:
“In representations that adhere to the ISO 8601 interchange standard, dates and times are arranged such that the greatest temporal term (typically a year) is placed at the left and each successively lesser term is placed to the right of the previous term. Representations must be written in a combination of Arabic numerals and the specific computer characters (such as “-”, “:”, “T”, “W”, “Z”) that are assigned specific meanings within the standard; that is, such commonplace descriptors of dates (or parts of dates) as “January”, “Thursday”, or “New Year’s Day” are not allowed in interchange representations within the standard.”
And unicode library, that is where my research abilities failed. Tried, but could not find useful resources, no single table of localized abbreviations. There are pages describing what is what and how it should be, but no real example.

2 Likes

Would be cool a wake up time count tag, it is useful for animation and scrolling text at wake up watch

2 Likes

Animation and Multimedia properties now has triggers one is Watch Face Start up as well as tap actions and several others.

It would be reasonable to think they could make it a public tag if they have it already for those.

Ron

2 Likes

I’d like the ability to use Styles to be able to toggle a digital time display on/off, or to change the font.

2 Likes

Hey @alsx19 . Welcome . It seems you have met the Respondents Here . Good to see that coming here is part of your Journey :::)))

3 Likes

Hello,
I would like to be able to get the status of the following via a Tag Expression please,
0 = off
1 = on.

Bluetooth on\off
Wifi on\off
NFC on\off
Flight Mode on\off
Sound mute\vibrate

Also
Battery days\hours remaining
A function to be able to easily generate a random number

Thank you.
Scott

1 Like

There is no status
Samsung generally doesn’t announce any status of upcoming features until the product is released. If it was a bug I can get an update but not feature requests.

Ron

1 Like

Sorry Ron for my wording, I wasn’t looking for an update.

With status I meant to be able to extract whether the feature was on or off, to get the status of the actual feature.

Also, to add to my list, to be able to determine if Location Services is on (1) or o (0). :slight_smile:

Scott

1 Like

I think this is going to have to be done using Android Studio and Jet Pack right now for this. You are getting more into a programming area and not Watch Face Designing area.

Watch Face Studio is being updated for the latest Wear OS version in the next full release. But we can request these after that next release. It never hurts to ask.

Ron

Ron

1 Like