Watch Face Studio Feature Request Q1 2023

I believe this is already a suggestion if not I’ll add it.

Ron

1 Like

I want to rotate a watch face item only 1 increment or number of degrees with each tap so that I can have several ‘locations’ for the item to rotate to and then stop.

I cannot find any way to do that.

Currently tapping to start an animation plays the animation to the end.

1 Like

The only way you can do something like this right now is by creating the component for all the positions and then tap to hide or show each one. That could be a bad end user experience.

This requires a variable that you can increment and that is not available. It has been suggested but not accepted as out of the scope of WFS.
I think this is something you will need to do with Android Studio at least in the near future.

Ron

1 Like

I’m missing the option:
Eyedropper tool - use outside the program window

I am having problems with Tap to open Action for Messages

Today in the latest watchfacestudio version i have set action to an image to open messages but it doesnot open anything. I believe it was working previously.

I have tried with only Samsung messages app present on my watch 5 pro and also with both samsung and google messages installed on my watch 5 pro it doesnot open anything.

where as other Tap to open actions for setting and phone app working just fine.

Tap to open music app has also not being working for quite sometime now

1 Like

I’d have one more idea. That would be to give the user the option to manually switch between 12 and 24 hour format.

This may be an update on the Watch or on the mobile (or even the Wear App) that changed this.

I think using a long text and app shortcut as the default provider is the best option so you know things work on all devices.

If you want I can try to reproduce it and report it as a bug or you can.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like

There are other suggestions along this line to change components/complications.

Ron

1 Like

To help with design some more shapes or the ability to modify a shape. For example rounded corners. Currently there is only rectangle or ellipse. Thanks

2 Likes

Hi,
I‘d have another idea, and this would in my opinion take watch face studio to the next level. This would be adding support for Rive animations. This would open a bunch of new ways for making a watch faces. I don‘t know if this is even possible, but as I said, this would open so much possibilities for new watch face designs.

Thanks!

WFS is not supposed to be a design tool, the designer is expected to have their own design tools. While many designers do have a professional design program, you don’t need that. I know of a successful seller that uses PowerPoint and several just use MS Paint.

Ron

1 Like

They added some animations in a previous release and had to remove them as they were not compatible across the spectrum of Watches. So I’m not hopeful but I can suggest it.

Ron

1 Like

I’m using this tool and I love it compared to the standard native development, but i desperately need 2 features:

• Animations with more than 15 frames per second. I had a 2 seconds 120 frames animation to add before i realized this! Or, if this is not possible, moving items: for example, i add an image, and i define a movement on the y axis based on the seconds. I repeat, i desperately need this.
  • Support for a compass “hand”. I know that not every watch has a magnetometer, but it would be great to use it in the watchface when available.

Thanks for your work :slight_smile:

I think Animation is limited to 15 frames per second for two reasons one being battery life the other is it probably isn’t that visible on a watch. I tried using the millisecond tag but it seemed to be limited to 5 updates a second in the run window but didn’t try on a watch.
for placement I used [MSEC]/2.2 and it moved but the visual image only showed 5 times a second in the emulator.

WFS can only support items that are supported on all devices

Ron

Ron

2 Likes