Watch Face Studio Feature Requests Q3 22 (continued)

Create new Feature Requests for Watch Face Studio in this topic.

Feature request will be gathered and submitted to the Development Team and Samsung Support.

Do not report bugs in this topic.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Can we add bitmap font support for .gif and .webp files? This would allow new customized clock displays

Not sure if this is a bug, but when we capture the screenshots there is still a white outline visible. Can this be fixed?

I don’t see this on any of my screenshots. Is your background a full 450 x450 try 451 x 451 and see if that removes the outline

I haven’t seen any reports of this before.

Ron

I have already noticed that. I edited the screenshots in PS.

1 Like

All I can think of is there is a subtle difference in the background image are you on Windows or Mac?

Ron

I have MacOS. I’ll send you a sample file tomorrow.

If you can just send the image file and the computer version and WFS Version it would be useful. I can submit a report unless you want to track the issue.

Ron

Ron, I have tried to change to 451x451 px but the result is same.
I am on Windows and WFS version 1.2.6

thanks…

thanks,

Is that the actual image or a screen shot of the image? If it is a screen shot it may be the viewer you or I am using that has or does not have the ring. Are you opening it with Photo shop?

I tried Photo viewer, Paint and Power Point (don’t laugh it is a great image viewer).

Ron

I once again created screenshots from WF in the WFS, but unfortunately I couldn’t see a white edge. Funny … sorry

That is actual image with a dark background to be able to see the white outline.
I use photopea/gimp/photoscape and all show the white outline. I then have to apply an outer stroke layer to hide the white edge.

Hi,

Can you open a support request on this? I can’t reproduce it so I can’t submit it.

Ron

1 Like

Yeah it’s since day first of the Watch face studio it gave you white circle line around screenshot.

Sorry if these features have been already requested many times
I am relatively new to Watch Face Studio, just using for Galaxy 5 pro . Previously I have extensively used Galaxy Watch Designer, therefore it is natural that my requests are regarding the missing parts

• Hearth rate (measurement and value display not consistent with Samsung health
  • Distance, Calories not available in native format from Sam Health
  • It would be good to have tags for other health measurements (Blood Pressure, ECG, Stress, VO2, water etc)
  • To have tags info and/or complications on weather (from samsung or from accuw for example)
    More in general I believe it would be helpful
  • to have a list of the apps installed when creating button on faces rather then discovering the app id (using adb)

I see NXV’s support ticket and they have duplicated it. Maybe my resolution or my viewer isn’t good enough to see it.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relatiosn

1 Like
  • Hearth rate (measurement and value display not consistent with Samsung health
  • Distance, Calories not available in native format from Sam Health
  • It would be good to have tags for other health measurements (Blood Pressure, ECG, Stress, VO2, water etc)

GWD/GWS had this feature because they had access to private Health API. If you were developing for Tizen Watch with Tizen Studio you wouldn’t have access to Samsung Health. The WFS team is aware that designers would like access to the Samsung Health but there are privacy regulations that may make this impossible to achieve now.

• To have tags info and/or complications on weather (from samsung or from accuw for example)
    More in general I believe it would be helpful

Two words “Licensing Issues” Also the philosophy of Wear OS powered by Samsung is to use complications to give a consistent user interface and control what data is shared and how it is shared. So you should use weather complications but they do understand that being able to design based on weather conditions is desired.

• to have a list of the apps installed when creating button on faces rather then discovering the app id (using adb)

WFS is designed to work on all brands of Watch Faces running Wear OS API 28 or newer. Not all will have the same apps installed. The theory is to use App Chooser as a complications but in the past if you did that at least one tester will reject the watch face.

Having said that if an app is not installed and you select it you should be given an option to download the app so this is in theory doable.

Ron

Hi,
Thanks for your fast answer and clarification.
Many of the explanation are clear and understandable, other less.
Other packages (Watchmaker) are able to add complication using (free) api for weather complication.

I did not mean a general universal list of apps, which obviously does not apply for all users. I meant a specific list of apps installed on the watch initialised at the start of the software, or created on request as soon as the adb debug is activated. This list is achievable with few simple lines in command dos, the suggestion is to generate from the list within the package a list of app that can be connected …
Really it is just an idea, trying … do not know if this is feasible in reality

BW

While we can’t access users Stepgoals (being it SHealth or Google Fit) wouldn’t it be nice to at least allow the users to set their Stepgoals manually in the watchface’s options settings`? That would be of huge benefit and take away most of the anger users might experience.

Make it a setting in the WF settings in increments of 1000 or 2000 from 0-20000

thx

Other packages (Watchmaker) are able to add complication using (free) api for weather complication.

Watchmaker has more or less an emulator on the watch

I did not mean a general universal list of apps, which obviously does not apply for all users. I meant a specific list of apps installed on the watch initialised at the start of the software, or created on request as soon as the adb debug is activated.

There is a thread on how to get App ID’s but it is use at your own risk, I am not sure they will pass Play Store review.

I did adb list and saw a whole lot more than show up in the app tray :slight_smile:

adb connect 192.168.xxx.xxx:5555 (your watch IP address & enable debugging)
adb shell
pm list packages

Ron
Samsung Developer Relation