Watch Face Studio Feature Requests

Agreed, but for now it is possible to select multiple layers and lock/unlock them all with a single right click.
Hope that helps speed things up!

1 Like

Can we get an option to turn off AOD check before every Run on Device action, please?
It takes a lot of time to wait every time for AOD check to finish before the Run on Device action is taken.
It would be great to disable it if no update to AOD was made.

Kind Regards
Adam

I requested that Build open settings for every build and that AOD only check if changes were made to the AOD since the last build.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like

Greetings to all my friends!

I received a lot of feedback, users who switched from GW3 to GW4 simply require that such indicators as KM, Miles, Calories burned and floors be available on the new watch. It will be great if such an opportunity appears in the next version, based on the comments above, I see that many people miss these indicators, wear OS users will only be happy!

P.S. Also, many users write that they have problems with displaying the heart rate, the indicator shows a zero value. This error is observed among all colleagues of developers (designers).

Best wishes!

1 Like

I received a lot of feedback, users who switched from GW3 to GW4 simply require that such indicators as KM, Miles, Calories burned and floors be available on the new watch.

These were available because the GWS team had access to the private API for Samsung Health. Since the new Unified WearOS is for all manufacturers that is not available. See this thread where App Shortcut is used to see if the end user can set those items manually.

P.S. Also, many users write that they have problems with displaying the heart rate, the indicator shows a zero value. This error is observed among all colleagues of developers (designers).

see this thread for the answer

Ron

WFS app shortcut complications is a very useful feature for the users. Instead of designers dictate what app shortcuts to use, it gives users the freedom to pick that works for them. The complication puts original icon of chosen app on the button.

Material design styled app icons are colorful, but they don’t work well on none-Material themed watch face. For example, a photo-realistic watch face with material app icon would look like someone put a sticker on a watch face, doesn’t fit in right.

Feature request:

1. Have a default app instead of blank button for app shortcut complication.
  2. Let us replace the built-in Samsung apps icon with our own.

3 Likes

Feature request >

Preserve changes of “TAP TO CHANGE IMAGE” functionality.

Currently, same as on GWD, image picked by TAP TO CHANGE is not saved and after switching watch faces or restarting the watch, the watch face is resetted to the original settings (default image). If the watch face contains lets say three tap to change images with 10+ optional images, user will have to tap through all images again just because setting is not saved somewhere in watch face cache file.

It would be a huge benefit if we got this functionality after a long time.

From the Galaxy Watch Studio for Tizen under animations it states you can change the length of time a frame displays for. I tested it on that version of software and it doesn’t seem to be there. Not sure if it was removed or whether I’m just not seeing the option. I’d like to see this ability added to WFS.

animation

1 Like

I would say 12 is the minimum :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Conditional Line Loop

This is a very useful feature from GWS, I hope it gets added back soon.

5 Likes

The whole context menu would be useful. Not just “Remove” as it is now.

3 Likes

On a watch face I’m developing I will have a short text complication which will be editable and so allow the user to choose what data is displayed - sunrise/sunset, weather, barometric pressure etc. Currently this complication does not support the displaying of the current heart rate.

The user can select ‘heart rate’ from the list of data feeds in the customisation menu for this complication on the watch, but the result is that the complication just displays the text “heart rate” and acts as a button to bring up the heart rate app.

Could this be enhanced in future so that the actual heart rate bpm can be displayed…although I suspect that this may be a WearOS thing beyond Samsung’s control.

Rob

Since watchfaces are basically apps, isn’t there a way to perform a hardware check in order to allow some advanced features on samsung watches ?

On watchfaces that use complications as app shortcuts, such as the 4 sets of 3 dots around the watchface MD201, can we get the ability to set text strings that change based on which app is used for the complication? Such as “Phone” for the phone app, or “Texts” for the Messages app.

Screenshot_20210906_105154_sysui

This was added to feature requests .

Ron

1 Like

Sometimes WFS misses fonts. This happened two times with my watch faces. WFS is showing added fonts in the list but can’t build watch face because TTF files are missing.
I’ve looked inside {PROJECT}.wfs file, there’s a json file called “honeyface”. Those fonts are mentioned there as the custom fonts. But in /res/fonts/ folder they are absent.
Is it possible to add a function of checking the fonts and clean the font list if the files were lost? Or may be to add an option to delete a font from the list?
There’s no way to fix this for now, unzipping/modifying/zipping throws an exception… The only way is to create a new project.
Best regards,
Max

1 Like

Request:
Allow Animation components to be associated with Styles, same as it’s possible with Image components.

Reason:

• Creating customizable animated elements (like customizing in the same watchface an animated element, like a character, or an animated background)

Do you include the fonts in the workspace folder or at least a shortcut to them there? I needed to do that to get them included. Still if you can report this as a bug the support can try to duplicate it and pass it on if they can.

Ron

Hi, Ron!
No, I didn’t include the fonts in the workspace folder. I simply clicked Add Font and chose a font from a directory… I’ll try next time to place it in workspace before adding. Thanks for the tip!
I tried to place TTF files in all possible folders when this happened but no result.
I made a project from the very beginning and it works fine for now.
If this happens again I’ll report this as a bug with all the explanations.
Best regards,
Max

I believe this was reported as an issue in the beta (Honeyface) version. Also the fonts have to be installed in Windows or Mac. You can’t just add them like you could with GWS.

Ron

1 Like