Watch hand and timeline doesn't do anything

Ok I must be missing something here, whenever I try to import a gwd project or creating a basic face from scratch, non of the clock hand(s) moves, nor does timeline shows or hides image(s). Animation works fine. On windows 11, latest WFS.

You can’t really import the project only the resources as a layer. You probably need to set things in the timeline to show and hide on your own. The watch hands worked but of course they needed to be resized and centered. Digital Clock needed new Tags etc.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Sorry I didn’t realized that you actually can’t preview stuff directly, it’s only shown on the “run” tab. Such rookie mistake.
Apologize for the confusion, and thanks for replying.

Hi Ron, yes its me again :slight_smile:

I’m struggling with the Timeline “Loop” functions. I mean on GWS, I can have several hands in different shade (show/hide) and loop them over by minutes and/or hours. But I can with WFS.

If its not available, perhaps I should raise a ‘Feature Request’?

Do you have the timeline visible you need to expand it
Timeline

and you can set it for seconds minutes or hour increments. I find it a bit harder to use but that probably is because I was used to GWS. I even used it for an Animation to show hide for several seconds each minute.

Ron

1 Like

No loop feature. We have to manually set it to appear and disappear up to the end of the timeline. @ALITHIR Yes if you have time, please post it in the Feature request. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you Ron, Ballozi for the feedback. Most appreciated.

Thanks all.

I am collecting all the feature requests and after the next update (which I think will primarily be a bug fix version) I’ll submit then for the next revision.

Ron

2 Likes

Hi Ron, Peter, Ballozi;

My apologies if this is a silly question :slight_smile:

Referring to the image below, I was trying to show/hide the hand at certain time. But as I right click, it does not prompt any action/tags to do so.

Is this “under feature request”, a bug or there is another command that I dont know off?

It looks like you have to right click and remove all then go back and double click each segment to make them appear. I agree it it clunky

Ron

1 Like

You wouldn’t necessarily have to double click each section. After you have removed the timeline for that layer, you could double click a single section and then hover over the end of the timeline section and click and drag it to the desired section to expand the time desired.

1 Like

Thanks Ron, VizFX for the tip, got it working. The “click and drag” is very helpful VizFX, apart from speeding up work, reduce “arm fatigue” as well :joy:

Thank you very much gents.

Another question if I may, any idea what is the difference between the lighter and darker blue highlights on the Timeline bar?

I heard this minor bug will be fixed in a version update but not be in the next Hot Fix update coming soon.

Ron

1 Like

Hi,
this is a minor bug of WFS’s UI representation. On the real devices, the object will be shown in the colored range regardless of lighter or darker.

1 Like