Why GWD and GWS are ALWAYS BUGGY?

How come every version of GWD and GWS have “connection issues” when connecting to a Gear Watch? Whenever there’s a new version of GWD/GWS or a new firmware update for the watch.

my Gear S3 Classic:

• Tizen Version = 4.0.0.7
  • Software Version = R770XXU2FTD4 / SM-R770NZSAXTC

I’ve tried:

• GWD ver. 1.4.1 Mac version - worked for a while (with old watch firmware), can’t connect now
  • GWD ver 1.6.2 Mac version - worked for a while (with old watch firmware), can’t connect now
  • GWS ver. 2.0.0 Mac version - can’t connect

The RSA Key never popped up even after several reboots/resets and macbook restarts/shut downs.

you must do all the procedure you did at the beginning of the program installation so that you can connect it again, that can happen because updating could disable Developer mode.

This has little to do with GWD/GWS. In 2019 new privacy regulations were put into effect in Europe (GDPR) and the United States and pretty much mimic in every other country as well. These laws require technology that prevents unwanted hacking and so it is much harder to connect.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

Hi Ron

I’m using GWS 2.0.0 now.

I’ve tried rebooting the watch in order to reset the RSA Key prompt - which still doesn’t pop up whenever I tried to “Run on Device”. When I viewed the WATCHFACE.LOG, the below line was mentioned.

INFO 06/22-23:46:25,903 - Unable to connect sdb port. Message: Connection refused (Connection refused)

Are there other ways for the RSA Key prompt to pop up?

If you are on windows (10 for example) go to your “Users”-folder of the logged in account and search for a “.tizen”-folder. There are 2 files in it called “sdbkey” and “sdbkey.pub”.
Delete those files or move them somewhere.

That should force a new RSA Encryption Key

Ron

I’m using a mac. =—(

They are in the same relative place on the Mac too.

If you can’t find them using finder search there is a way to connect that seems to work every time but it involves installing Tizen Studio. For some users with Catalina this has been necessary.

Ron

How come every version of GWD and GWS have “connection issues” when connecting to a Gear Watch?
They don’t care - I’m sooo fed up.

Happened to me too in 1.6.2 and 2.0 with Windows 10. You might try this one. What I did was I gather all the MAC Addresses of the watches and find them in the network you are connected to then use those IP’s to connect respectively in the GWD/GWS. Probably caused by firmware updates of the watches. I hope this will be fixed soon.

It has to do with the privacy regulations that went into effect last year. It has very little to do with Galaxy Watch Designer or Galaxy Watch Studio.

Ron