Can't Run On Device (WiFi) to Active2 with Tizen Studio Device Manager

I created a watch face in GalaxyWatchStudio, however I can’t connect my PC (neither GWS nor Tizen Studio device manager) to my Active 2 watch. Using bluetooth (option 2 in tutorial) is not an option as I have an iPhone. I can only “Run on Device” over WiFi. I checked the suggestions in why can’t I connect to my device FAQ. Based on that I’m expecting problems are caused by either of the following two things:

• RSA encryption key not being accepted on the watch. Note; I’m not sure if I ever accepter or denied a RSA encryption key. For sure, since I started working with GWS, i’ve never seen it pop-up. If this is the expected issue; how do I make sure the pop-up to accept the encryption key will appear? Several reboots of both PC and watch didn’t resolve this.
  • Firewall blocking connection of the Laptop to the Watch. I can ping the IP of the watch, but simply can’t connect, neither by GWS, nor by Tizen Studio Device Manager. However, even turning the PC firewall off, doesn’t resolve the connection problems

What I did thusfar:

• Went through the steps noted in this topic on how to set up watch and tizen studio device manager., so now Watch Wifi is always on, Bluetooth is Off, Both devices are connected over the same 2.4Ghz WiFi, Developer mode is on (pressed ‘software’ 5 times).
  • I managed to get untill step 8 of the Tizen Studio steps. However, when turning “ON” the connection to the watch, I get the error “error: Failed to connect to remote target: :26101” (Same error as in update2 here

In the linked topic, however, it turned out the “Developer mode” was still “off”, which is “on” for me. I have no other idea than the two suggestions I put above. I hope you can help me out managing to set-up the connection. Thanks in advance.

Hi @jbrLg6itszv,
I am afraid if you have missed to turn on the debugging mode on your watch. Also RSA acknowledge key could be main factor here. Please follow the steps for a refresh start,

Connect using WiFi:

1. Make sure again your PC and Watch are connected to the same network, and the Watch has the developer and debugging modes turned on.
  2. Go to the top-right corner on GWS interface and click Run On Device icon.
  3. Now, click on (+) sign and include the IP of your watch and click OK.
  4. Keep a close look on your watch, a pop up will be shown to accept the RSA key and you have to accept it very quickly as it will stay for a few seconds. If you miss, it will never come back.
  5. After accepting the RSA key, your watch will be connected to GWS automatically.

N.B. Sometimes you need to do step 3 several times until it can find your watch and also keep your watch awake at that moment.

If those steps do not resolve your problem or you don’t see the RSA key pop up, restart your laptop and reboot your watch again by holding the home key button pressed for about 15 seconds or until it says rebooting. After that try the steps above again and it will solve your problem eventually.

Please let me know if it works.
Azad

1 Like

Hi @azad,
Thanks for your quick reply. You were right, I did miss to turn on debugging mode. I was under the assumption that enabling developer mode (clicking software 5 times) was sufficient. However for me, I still had to enable “debugging” in “About watch” (all the way below in the menu. For the it’s in Dutch; ‘foutopsporing’, I guess that’s where my confusion started). After that a reboot of the watch and the PC and;

1. GWS would find the watch
  2. The watch would pop up RSA key
  3. I could load the watch face onto the watch.

Thanks again!

1 Like

Pleasure and glad you have resolved the issue. Carry on good working :blush:!