Error: Representative's Name Cannot Be Left Blank

Hi,

I’m using my DUNS number to Request Corporate Commercial Seller but not sure how the Representative’s Name will get?

As per the “Dun & Bradstreet” team they don’t have any representative’s name parameter at their backend or database. Is this something they have to developed at their end?

Please suggest what to do next in this situation? Currently I’m blocked to publish or update my apps.

Please share some phone number or email id so that I can loop in “Dun & Bradstreet” team and resolve this issue ASAP.

Thanks,
Gaurav Kapoor

@kap1597237193

The representatives name is the contact person for the company. When I look at your company’s profile I see it the Key Principal and it does list you. Check to see if your contact information is filled in and in English. (I don’t have a Hoover license so I can see that information).

If it all looks correct and is in English then you need to open a seller portal customer service request ( Sign in, click on help, and then contact us
fill in what you can and mark N/A to all mandatory items that don’t apply.

Remember it may take up to 5 business days for changes to propagate so if this is a new DUNS number that may be the reason.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Sorry, I’m not getting your point, Can you please elaborate more? Do I need to approach “Dun & Bradstreet” or Samsung Support team for the Representative’s Name fix? I don’t think I can edit that text box field and can make it N/A at me end?

Thanks,
Gaurav Kapoor

You should open a Seller Portal Customer Service Request
sign in to the seller portal and click on HELP
then on left upper side click on Contact Us
then from that menu select Contact Us
If a pop up comes up asking if you meant Samsung.com… you did not want to go there, just close the box.
Describe what is happening include the screen shot from above and I would also go to This DUNS Lookup link and enter your number and create a screen shot and attach that to show it is correct. (So they don’t tell you to fix your profile.)

When I searched for Foodie Android it all looked correct I don’t understand why it isn’t filling in correctly. The only thing I can think of is the contact information may not be completed. I can’t look at that.

If you get a fix your profile response from the Seller Portal let me know and I can try to intercede for you. Hopefully that won’t be an issue.

Ron

Thanks Ron. Yes, it would be very grateful, If you can create a ticket on behalf of me.

I can’t do it until you’ve tried and been rejected or some other response. I’m developer relations and they wish all efforts be made to correct it through the Seller Portal before I can get involved.

I hope you understand.

Ron

Please check the earlier response regarding the same issue.

Reading between the lines it looks like the contact information in your DUNS profile may not be completed. As I said I can’t open that to look at it.

They suggest you update your profile wait a couple days and then submit the DUNS number again. If it still doesn’t work update it again.

If it isn’t working on Friday then I can contact someone but please try to fix this issue in your profile first.

Ron

Hi Ron,

Please see the following response from DUNS team. :sweat:

Right now I’m feeling like pendulum b/w Samsung and DUNS :sweat_smile:

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Tue, Apr 4, 2023 at 11:45 AM
Subject: RE: Representative Name Issue Using D-U-N-S number
To: Foodie Android kapoor.gourav1@gmail.com
Cc: Bhuptani, Priyanka bhuptanip@dnb.com, Bhatia, Dhara BhatiaD@dnb.com

Hi Gaurav,
Thanks for your email. Please find the details update in our database, we have already updated all the basic details of your company while assigning the DUNS. Please inform the Samsung team to provide the exact requirement. We have updated your cell number as you do not have any landline / board line for your company.

If I read their response right it probably was a missing phone number.

I’ve seen others with similar issues where the local DUNS agent has fixed it but it doesn’t get put into the system for several days. Try again next week it probably will work then.

By the way did you submit a developer support request or a Seller Portal support request? Jakia is in Developer Support and is saying they can’t do anything in the Seller Portal.

Ron

Thanks Ron. I had submitted request to Developer and Service Center Support earlier.

Response from Seller Portal

If you updated your DUNS information on April 4th it may not have updated in the DnB lookup until the 14th. They say up to 2 weeks for international agencies.

What the seller office is saying is do a manual update of the information even if it is correct to force it being updated in the system but that was based on your enquiry 5 days ago. I would try to enter the DUNS number again Tuesday it may work then. If it doesn’t work do the manual update making sure all the characters are standard English characters. Then give it another shot in a week.

Please let me know if it works as well as if it doesn’t

Ron

Still not getting Representative’s Name.

The representative is generally the person that applied for the DUNS number. Sometimes third party DUNS agents do not have the information clear. I’ll contact you for more information that is best private.

Ron

Hi Ron,

Please do something at your end to fix this issue. I’m completely hopeless now.

Thanks,
Gaurav Kapoor

Right now all the DUNS issues have to be addressed through the Seller Portal first before I can do anything and even after that I may not be able to intervene.

Update your DUNS profile be sure you change something to force it to be refreshed. Wait 5 working Days and then resubmit your DUNS information. If you have an DUNS agent contact them about this.

If that doesn’t work Go to the DNB lookup page Take a Screen shot of your lookup information

Then sign-in to the seller store click on Help, click on Contact US and then Contact Us from the menu and put all the information there. If a pop up appears asking if you want to go to samsung.com you don’t.

If they can’t help you or the seller portal just tells you the same thing Let me know.

Ron

Response:

Dearest business partner,

It pleases us to work with enormous workers like you who always keep the high value of the Galaxy Store with fabulous creations.

You are getting assistance from the Seller Portal team today, and we are here to explain the experienced struggle to put the representative’s name.

It is non-requestable essential due to the accepted information from the DnB profile when you put the DUNS in, yet it sounds like the information is not occupied as it should be.

We call it systemic miscommunication that you can update or re-write the information where it starts to come in, for this case, it is the DnB profile.

==================================================================================================

Q. Alternatively, if there is a specific workaround or instruction to follow in cases where the “Representative Name” field is not applicable, I would greatly appreciate it if you could provide that guidance. This will allow me to complete the form and submit my support request successfully.

A. We have been explaining why and what you should do to correct the information occupying, yet it seems to have a problem.

Can we know if was there any struggle to understand the guidance or if the guidance was not clear enough?

Please let us know if there is any struggle to follow the guidance, so we can value your perspective to make a better service.

For the last, the system is under tech investigation to find if the server has a connection error with the DnB.

We will find you again if there are any technical issues we discover.

For more information about using Seller Portal, you can also check out the Frequently Asked Questions and Seller Portal guide in Seller Portal below.

• FAQs: Seller Portal > “Help” > “Contact us” > “FAQs”

• Guide: Seller Portal > Click “Guides” on the upper right side > Check the guide you need

It was an honor to assist a dear business partner today. Your satisfaction is a priority for us.

Best,
Customer Service Center

I do see your name as Key principal from what I see it should work.

I’ll contact you by private mail.

Ron

Hi, Guys! I have same issue and I cant’t fill this field. Do you have answer how to solve this issue?