Error: Representative's Name Cannot Be Left Blank

You need to have a Key Representative in your DUNS profile that is a person that can be contacted if any legal issues come up. Check to see if you have one in your profile.

If it is there then sometimes changing something will trigger the profile to be updated but that takes about 5 working days to propagate out

So add the key representative or change something and wait a week after that and try to submit your DUNS information again…

If that doesn’t work let me know and I’ll contact you for some personal information via private message.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Dear Ron

We can’t update our DUNS number, because Duns support doesn’t answer. Do you have other solutions?

@v.rudyakov

I will contact you via private message so I can get some information.

Ron

Hello, I have the same problem, I have already asked Duns to update my profile and this has already been done, my name appears as a representative on DUNS, but it still appears blank on the seller portal

@Xinspire

How long ago did you update the profile it can take up to a week from the change to propagate the system. If this has been more than a week let me know and I’ll contact you with private message to get more information.

Ron

Thanks for the answer Ron, it’s only been a day since it was changed, I’ll wait for the deadline and if it doesn’t work I’ll let you know in this thread, thank you very much for the feedback

Hello, I have the same problem. The latest response-advice from the Seller Portal was:
“We believe that the absence of information may be due to a loss of API tracking, but you can easily fix this issue by updating your profile.
We appreciate that you’ve contacted the service center to check on information security, and we understand that you may have concerns.
However, we don’t have any further advice to offer beyond recommending that you update your profile once to stabilize the API.”

API! - Application Program Interface!
How it can be stabilized by updating D&B profile?
Why should we stabilize it?
At least tell me which field in the D&B profile needs to be updated?
I understand that “Representative’s Name” is taken from “Key Principal”, am I right?

It seems to me that this is a systematic bug.
My company is in Israel, I see that “Key Principal”, “Chief Executive Officer” are filled and display the correct data on www.dnb.com (USA), but Samsung web services do not read this data.

Hi Ron, a week has passed and it still doesn’t show the name of the representative, I even changed the company name in DUNS and Samsung still uses the previous name, At Dun Bradstreet the data is all filled in, I see that the problem is on Samsung’s side, I ask you to pay attention to this please, I haven’t been able to work on new themes for a while.

The DUNS is parsed and it appears that some D&B partners do not use the same form as D&B uses.
Also if you have a non English or Latin character it can upset the parsing.

A recent fix was added to work with more partners. If you haven’t tried again in the past week or so try to enter the DUNS number again.

If it still doesn’t work let me know Monday and I’ll contact you via private message to get information so I can help.

Ron

There isn’t much I can do today but try again Monday and let me know how it goes.

Ron

Everything is the same - “Representative’s name” is blank.

Hi Ron, It’s another Monday and the problem is still not resolved - “Representative’s Name” field is still blank. In our (Israeli) D&B agency they say, that they have done everything they can and there is nothing more to update.

Hello, I am having the same problem. all of my information on DUNS is fulling entered and it has been about 6 months and when I log in with my DUNS number it does not auto fill my representative name and I still can not enter a representative name. I have gone back and forth with DUNS and SAMSUNG and I have no results. This is stopping me from moving forward with your company. Can someone please help me because I don’t know what to do to solve this issue.

I’ll get some more information from you via private messaging

Ron

Hello, I am having the same problem. The representative’s name is disabled and left empty after authenticating with the DUNS number.

The review team identified this as an issue with the Look Up API and reported it to DUNS and they are supposed to resolve this.

I was told last month it should be fixed “soon” so hopefully this gets resolved by the end of the year.

The only thing I can do is look up your business name or DUNS ID to be sure that you do have a
Key Principal: listed in the DUNS Business look up.

If you have that then it is the API error and the seller portal team cannot manually enter that data. they pretty much have to wait for the fix.

Ron

Hello Ron,

Do you have news about this matter? I am still facing this problem and cannot fill out the form because the Representative’s Name is still blank.

I do not. This was an labeled as an error in the DUNS lookup API and there isn’t anything Samsung can do speed up the fix.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relation

I am having the same problem, Representative name is compulsory and it is blank, I can’t edit it

I am seeing some people saying this is now working but they may just be lucky.
Update your DUNS profile making sure that the Key Representative is a real persons name, it can’t be an email address or a business name.
after you update wait 3 to 5 working days and resubmit you Duns for validation.

If it doesn’t work after a week, reply back to me here and I’ll contact by private message for more information

Ron