Tizen Studio and Mac OS issues

I managed to install tizen-studio on M1 Mac by doing following steps:

• right click installer.app in Finder, press Show Package Contents
  • enter Contents/Resources/Java
  • unzip tizen-sdk.zip by double clicking
  • copy tizen-sdk/jdk directory into ~/.package-manager/
  • run installer again
11 Likes

Hello, the 4th step is a bit unclear. I did not get it to work.
Did you get Tizen Studio to actually run or just install?

1 Like

It installed and ran. You need to manually copy the jdk installation to where installer expects it (/Users/your_username/.package-manager) because this step is what fails in the installer script.

2 Likes

Great, thank you! Had to disable macOS signing check for lots of libraries provided in the jdk. Then had to manually enable Samsung Certificate package list for download, in Package Manager settings when installed.

How did you disable the signing check?

The “Open Anyway” button, I had to do this for lots of libraries. You can find this page in System Preferences.

I have still yet to actually compile native code (c/c++), it does not seem to work. Tizen Studio and Device Manager launches, though!

I am able to run Tizen Studio (TS) 4.1 in Mac OS Big Sur 11.4.

Initial Problem in installing TS 4.1 -

• on clicking installer, it’s asking for lots of Mac access for each package which is really frustrating
  • After allowing all packages, the Agreement page is frozen, and no way to move forward.

Solution -

Instead of installing Tizen Studio 4.1 with IDE installer, I choose Tizen Studio 4.1 with CLI(command line interface) installer.

You can follow the installation command from here

1 - Run the .bin file in the terminal where it is downloaded and follow the instructions.

./web-cli_Tizen_Studio_4.1_macos-64.bin --accept-license

2 - Once above command is successful, you can see Tizen Studio folder in Home Directory.

3 - Now go to directory $HOME/tizen-studio/package-manager in terminal

Install Native IDE

./package-manager-cli.bin install --accept-license --no-java-check NativeIDE

4 - Download packages that you need.

./package-manager-cli.bin show-pkgs

I was interested in wearable devices

./package-manager-cli.bin install --accept-license --no-java-check WEARABLE-6.0 WEARABLE-6.0-Emulator WEARABLE-6.0-WebAppDevelopment

5 - Boom, you can see TizenStudio launch icon, double click and click on template

Select the application profile

Mobile, wearable, TV

If the profile is not available, follow point 4.

Note: I also set up JAVA_HOME with version java 15.01 but I am not sure it has anything to do with it.

1 Like

thank you so much for this!

this worked smooth :raised_hands:

Hello, I have issue with Tizen installer on Big Sure,
The error says:

Do you have any recommendations about it?

This is for Watch Face Studio but I think the instructions are valid for Tizen Studio on macOS Big Sur as well.

Newer versions of macOS include a feature that allows only notarized software to be run on your system. You may see one or more of the following messages when you try to install Watch Face Studio on macOS.

• “WatchFaceStudio.pkg” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.

If you see this message, you need to confirm that you want to install Watch Face Studio. Do the following:

1. Open System Preferences (click on the Apple logo).
  2. Click on Security & Privacy.
  3. From the General tab, under Allow apps downloaded from, click Open Anyway next to the “WatchFaceStudio.pkg was blocked from use because it is not from an identified developer.”
  4. A window displays the message “macOS cannot verify the developer of WatchFaceStudio.pkg. Are you sure you want to open it?” Click Open to install Watch Face Studio.
  • “WatchFaceStudio.pkg” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.
    or
  • “WatchFaceStudio.pkg” can’t be opened because it was not downloaded from the App Store.

If you see one of the messages listed above, you need to configure your system to allow it to install Watch Face Studio and then confirm that you want to install Watch Face Studio. Do the following:

1. Open System Preferences (click on the Apple logo).
  2. Click on Security & Privacy.
  3. From the General tab, under Allow apps downloaded from, select App Store and identified developers.
  4. Install Watch Face Studio. You will see another message, “WatchFaceStudio.pkg cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.” Follow the steps in the section above.

For more information, see Safely open apps on your Mac.

Hope this helps,

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Hello! thanks I had run the Tizen studio. Was a big problems and it taken all day, but it works now!

I have another issue now with Emulator.
As I know we cannot run the TV Emulator on mac M1 processor, because of the recommendations, in’t it?

I don’t have a Mac so I don’t know. Because of the holidays I don’t have anyone to ask about this until next week. If you don’t find a solution by then create a new topic specifically about that or create a support request and ask them about the emulator requirements for Mac.

Ron

work for me, macbook air m1, thank you

Hi guys,

It is clear by now how to fix this issue by using the right jdk version bundled with the installer. I have published the instructions for other developers to quickly find it: Install Tizen Studio on Apple M1.

I hope you will find it helpful. Let me know if you have any suggestions on how to improve it (make it more clear).

Have a good one!

Thank you for useful information. That can make me use the information to work in order to continue working effectively. Thank you.

Worked for me as well, thank you!

Also, note that the directory was <$USER>/.package-manager

Hey thank you so much, your steps are gold !

I was able to install on M1, but i’m not able to get run the tv emulator, i get to install HAXM.
I don’t know what i should do !

Hi, I’m also not able to run the TV emulator on my M1 (Apple Silicon) Mac. Is it not supported on this architecture ?

Since no one responded, I would suggest you look for an answer in the FAQ-Q/A under the most appropriate topic on the Smart TV Seller Office site If you don’t find a solution there then sign in and open a Smart TV Seller Support Request . They can help you better there.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

@manuja.desilva
Hi,
Now, Tizen Emulator is not working on Apple M1/M2.