Watch Face Studio Feature Requests Q3 22 (continued)

Hi @r.liechty_SDR when will be the next update version of Watch Face Studio we can get. Please advise.

1 Like

I believe there is a new version not an update planned sometime this year. However, a lot of WFS is tied to Wear OS and if that changes or bugs are found in either one then delays happen.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like

@r.liechty_SDR Thank you.

Feature request:

1. Make it possible to mask progress bar inside custom complication ([RANGED_VALUE])
1 Like

Add more tags!

1. Dynamic/variable tags, where we can store information and change it based on user actions (or even logically, based on time, sensor, weather, etc)
  2. GPS tags (Lat and Lon, City, State, Country name and shortname)
  3. Altitute Tag
2 Likes

Let us duplicate theme color palette styles like we do with the rest of the elements, it’s time consuming copying and pasting color codes over and over especially now that each style has 3 color codes.

2 Likes
  • Dynamic/variable tags, where we can store information and change it based on user actions (or even logically, based on time, sensor, weather, etc)
  • GPS tags (Lat and Lon, City, State, Country name and shortname)
  • Altitute Tag

Some may be possible in a future release, currently WFS does not read the sensors directly and cannot extrapolate the information. Also it has to cater to the lowest common denominator and some information may not be in all watch brands.
Weather/location information is licensed and that would require 3rd party API’s like GWS had.

Ron

1 Like

Request: Preview screen recording.

Currently Preview can capturing still screenshot which is great, but capture screen video would be a valuable tool to showcasing animated feature.

2 Likes

Request to add more than 3 color palettes.
Not enough 3colors.

Thanks in advance.

I would like it much better if the 3 colors were independent (now they are combined in color palettes). I mean, the idea with the palettes is not bad, but it is not very flexible in my opinion.

So we would be limited to 30 (max) color combinations. That’s fine, but falls far short of the possibilities with independent color combinations.

Yes, on the other hand, with palettes the user can switch between different designs much faster.
Of course we can still have that independent customization with image sets and such, but with “colors” I could massively reduce the file size instead of using images. Mmmhhh … :thinking:

At some point there has to be an end to choices. Trying to balance when options are overwhelming to the point of annoyance and no longer useful to the end user. Maybe having 3 bundled watch faces with 3 different palates would be a solution.

Ron

1 Like

Make it so when we left or right click on a style image to let us replace the image instead of deleting and adding a new one as it is now.

It’s convenient when you want to replace an existing image, instead of deleting the old one adding a new one and the dragging the image to the spot of the previous image, just let us replace it directly with another image.

3 Likes

This! Saving color palette styles and loading them would be a super simple update.

Workaround: create a new, empty watch face design, add your colour palette. Use that as a scratch for every new designs.

And now, because there’s a workaround, I’m almost certain this will never be added to coming update :frowning:

Drag and drop would be great for copying palette styles from one palette of 3 colors i would drag 1 of the colors i want to another color palette and the color would transfer or have a dialog like swap or copy.

Request: add expression to color parameter.

Example, if current battery percentage is equal or less than 25 changes color to #FFEA00
[BATT_PER]=<25? #FFEA00 : #FFFFFF

4 Likes

This might be a great idea however the simplest way is to create 2 battery data with different colors then show and hide them in the battery conditional line.

2 Likes

Currently it’s the only way to do it, but I think stacking same indicator multiple times isn’t an energy efficient way to do it. I’ve asked dev team about if hidden indicators via conditional line or transparency tag are still calculating in the background which drains battery, never gotten an answer.

Color tag can open up a wide range of possibilities, not just battery indicator.

Request: Adjustable step goal

It’s good the max step goal is 20k now, but still it needs to be adjustable by the users. From users point of view, it’s not very “smart” that you can’t adjust step goal on a smart watch.

Better yet have it sync with either Samsung Health or Google Fit. If privacy laws prevent syncing with health apps, then make it adjustable on the watch.

To add. Devices with Wear OS 3 are utilizing Health Services API and there is new PassiveGoal
PassiveGoal | Android Developers
Maybe it could be used in the future WFS versions.

1 Like

Please implement interactive tag variables and this will be covered automatically with that.

1 Like