Watch Face Studio Feature Requests

Hi Ron,

I was asking if we can have all the health and Weather Preview options where we can adjust the settings for Watch / Health / Weather the same as GWS but of course we need to have weather and other health options available first.

This screen

1 Like

It’s kind of a pain at this point, but you can accomplish this with multiple step counters and expressions attached to the opacity based on step count.

It’s possible in theory, but probably not in practice.
It’s because there’s a bug that doesn’t have a tag on the AOD.

I think the capacity of the watchface file produced by WFS is 10 times that of GWS.
Can you find out why?

put it in parenthesis like this
([SC]/1312)

Ron

3 Likes

I’m not sure what you mean, are you asking if the size of the WFS file is bigger than GWD it is probably because it is not optimized. the .aab vs .tpk file size is the important size.

Ron

Hi @r.liechty_SDR ,

How do i limit the decimals in this expression?

Thank you.

Matteo

(([SC]/1312)-([SC]/1312)%1)

I use tag expression like that to remove the decimals

3 Likes

Thank you very much Ron

This expression would be for moved kms, if you prefer moved miles, would be something like this
(([SC]/2100)-([SC]/2100)%1)

1 Like

Thank you for sharing the tag expression without decimals

Distance in miles:
((([SC]*0.0476)-(([SC]*0.0476)%1))/100)

Distance in km:
((([SC]*0.00762)-(([SC]*0.00762)%1))/10)

4 Likes

Will not the distance calculated in this way be just a very rough estimate?

Wear OS files take up more space and also consume more resources.
The 16GB of internal memory is one reason.
The Galaxy Watch 4 lasts 40 hours with a 5nm processor and more polished hardware.
I would like to see the hardware that the Galaxy Watch 4 has with Tizen OS.
I don’t see any reason to switch to the Watch 4.

In my experience with other watchfaces makers apps that have same limitation in health data, it’s a not bad estimation.

Of course there are several math expressions more accurated but involving height, for example
height * 0.414 * steps/1000 will be distance in kms
height * 0.414 * steps/1609.34 will be distance in miles

That could be a good request too, if we have several empty variables that developers and users would personalize their values, could use them for example to register users heigh and other values that increase accuracy and funcionality of our watchfaces.

And another question too, is it possible use conditional expressions in text fields?

i miss the padlock symbol in the layers menu. at the moment ive to go through the layer item menu and have to choose “lock” in GWS there is a padlock symbol next to the hide symbol.

3 Likes

in GWS, if you go with the mouse over a layer, you see the corresponding png file name (kinda tool tip like). that is extremly helpful and fully missing in WFS!

in any floating window, like the color picker or bitmapfont menu, you cant confirm “OK” neither with “enter” nor with “return” - >WTF??? also the arrow keys “left” and “right” dont move to “cancel” if wanted. all that keys are “dead” in floating menus.

2 Likes

Even if i change to 24h mode the WFS shows me 04:48 instead of 16:58

you must enter 12h and 24h on the timeline

1 Like

ah ok thanx! :smiley: :wink:
that was my fault :scream_cat: :see_no_evil: