Wear OS Watch Faces on Samsung Galaxy Store

Android is not Tizen, mobiles are not wearables and updates are not support.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations.

3 Likes

So wait, because maybe I missed it…so are we saying all the watch faces I bought from developers thru Samsung for my previous galaxy watches will NOT be available for the galaxy 4, which I just received?

(Those watch faces on the playstore are a complete joke!)

So do we get reimbursed for the previous purchases we can no longer use?

So wait, because maybe I missed it…so are we saying all the watch faces I bought from developers thru Samsung for my previous galaxy watches will NOT be available for the galaxy 4, which I just received?

Correct. We have provided some basic tools to port the old watch designs to the new OS but it has limitations. Whether your designer will or will not convert them is up to them.

So do we get reimbursed for the previous purchases we can no longer use?

That is what you get with personaliztion.

This is probably not the right forum for these comments but I know the designers care about the customers so I’ve allowed it. Unless it gets out of hand.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like

What would be the proper forum sir so
I can reach out there. Thank you for your time and response sir.

Also, and my apologies if I missed it, what would be, and where can I find, the “basic tools” to port the old watch designs that you mentioned in your earlier response to my comments? Please and thank you.

here you go:

:grin:

1 Like

Hello,
you can port the watch faces to new format only if you made them, or at least own the source .gwd files.
If you just bought and installed them from galaxy store, then no tool will convert them on your side.

2 Likes

You probably should reach out to the watch face designer via store feedback and ask them to convert a watch face for you.

You can try at https://www.samsung.com → Click on Explore Tab → Click on Community I don’t know how much good it will do.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

1 Like

that is a good idea, but that watchface developer would also need to have a commercial google play store account for that to be even possible :grin:

I’m a little confused. What happens to all the coupons that are given away for the Play Store?
As an example: I have made 100 coupons available for one of my watch faces. Up to now (Sept. 14th) 93 coupons have been used, but according to the Play Store only 5+ downloads have been made.
It is similar with my other previously published WFs.
Reviews don’t seem to have been given either.
What’s going on there? How should you be able to gain a foothold there?

1 Like