Galaxy Watch Studio and Mac Big Sur Update

@r.liechty_SDR any new info? It’s the last day of March!

The Samsung Developer team wrote for more information a few days ago. I’m hoping for tomorrow because it seems all the releases have been on Fridays in Korea. April Fools day would be appropriate wouldn’t it.

Ron
Samsung Developer team

1 Like

How’s it going?
Nothing happend.

I suspect Samsung does not even have to publish an update. 2 months empty promises

No one is more disappointed that this update has not been released than me. I am sorry if you saw my best estimation of a release as a false promise. It was not it was trying to keep users as informed as I was.

Having said that, I am moving to a new role in the US Galaxy Store ops team and will not be moderating the forums any longer. Do not tie my job change with any support for Galaxy Watch Studio. There will be other employees doing this task not just one.

Ron

Maybe Someone else will do anything about this update… It’s no longer funny…

1 Like

Should we still check this thread for updates?

At least we should be able to confirm whether it will be updated by the time the next watch is release whether its another Galaxy watch or Active 3. We’re over 5 months waiting, what’s another few? :thinking:

Well, I just bought a new MBP, updated everything, try to open GWS and get the white screen. Came to this thread, was sooo happy, then started reading…oh boy.
Come on Samsung; you have to do better than this.

寤寐不忘
I really really hope for it

Any new info? C’mon…

@r.liechty_SDR - Despite you going on to greener pastures, can you leave us with one last update or at least have the new employee taking over to make an introduction and confirmation that they will continue looking into this for the people in this thread? I’d rather hear updates even if there’s no change than radio silence for almost a half month. At this rate, USA might finally get blood pressure working before they can make their own watch faces on apple products.

Tony Morelan is watching this subject.

Ron

1 Like

Did anyone try to it on a virtual machine?

Dear seller,

Seller didn’t submit an app or update apps from 2020.12.31 ~ 2020.04.01.
According to our watch face seller policy and pledge, your watchface permission will be revoked, and watchface applications will be terminated.
It will be applied to 'watchface’type application only.
If seller wants to submit watchface applications, please visit our Samsung Developer Site and check watchface seller application schedule.

Awesome…

WTF SAMSUNG

Regarding your inquiry, we would like to inform you that the developer portal representative confirmed that GWS for MacOS was released on April 20, 2020 and confirmed that it does not support ‘MacOS Big sur’, however, supports previous versions of the OS.

Thus, please understand that sellers with a ‘MacOS Big Sur’ reason is considered to have not been active as a watch face seller, even though it was possible to work on the previous OS.

How the **** I can officially downgrade macOS? Tell me…
[Edited - Ron]

Hi, with a simple google search you will find multiple tutorials on how to downgrade to Catalina. In short the process is the same like on Windows,

1. you download the Operating System
  2. you create a bootable hard drive
  3. you restart the mac in recovery mode and install the OS from the drive.

Make sure you backup everything before, such an action will format your drive and you will loose all the settings and files (if not backed up).

I do not think we get an update for the GWS and Big Sure. 2 times an update was announced and not happened.

May be they will provide update on 20 April 2021 now. LOL

Hello everyone. We understand the frustration with the issue on Big Sur as well as the policy being enforced. I will discuss this issue with the GWS and Seller Office teams to try to get some details on when the GWS update might be available.

1 Like