Galaxy Watch Studio and Mac Big Sur Update

If it was enough to install the JRE / JDK - it would be too easy) I think that everyone has already tried this method.
Yes, I have java (oracle) installed for a long time, but the problem was reproducible.
The fix is different. Give me some time to check that everything really works. I have not yet figured out how to work in GWS.

1 Like

ŠŸŃ€ŠøŠ²ŠµŃ‚) ŠŠ°ŠæŠøшŠø Š¼Š½Šµ Š² тŠµŠ»ŠµŠ³Ń€Š°Š¼, ŠµŃŃ‚ŃŒ ŠæŠ°Ń€Ńƒ Š²Š¾ŠæрŠ¾ŃŠ¾Š² @davidlead

1 Like

At the moment, I managed to start the studio and fix the connection to the clock (for testing on the device).
I have not yet solved the problem with the signature of the watch face and because of this it is not yet possible to compile the watch face.
Iā€™m not sure if I can fix this. I need more time.

1 Like

I managed to sign the application and install it on the watch. There are still some problems and app crashes. I hope I can fix them.

2 Likes

What now looks like the solution. An info would be helpful.

1 Like

There are still problems with some things. For example, custom complications do not work (application crash). I am trying to solve this problem.
One way or another - Iā€™ll post a solution if Samsung doesnā€™t mind.

1 Like

Galaxy Watch Studio ported to macOS BigSur

How to install:

1. Download dmg file and mount
  2. Install Java Development Kit 13.0.2
  3. Put the GalaxyWatchStudio file in the applications folder (Applications on the right in the Finder menu)
  4. Run via launchpad

What Iā€™ve done:

• fixed WidgetToolkit library (swt)
  • added application signature library (borrowed from TizenStudio)
  • fixed permissions for sdb

Of course, without the source code, this is all a crutch. Much better if Samsung developers fix everything themselves in the project. The main error is the incorrect swt library.
Since the project is not openSource, I cannot guarantee that everything will start and work correctly for you.

Attention!!! No change or modification of the program code was made! Everything remains the same as in the original Samsung Galaxy Watch Studio app.

Sometimes the application can crash. I donā€™t have time to figure out the compiled application yet. I need the source code to fix this.

If something does not work out - write. I try to help. Also, do not be lazy to google.
If the system swears at an unknown source of the application, there is a solution in Google.

Donwload: Dropbox - GWS_MacOS_BigSur.dmg - Simplify your life

Tested on macOS BigSur:

• v 11.2.2
  • v11.4

UPD:

1. If you got error ā€œGalaxyWatchStduio.app is damaged and canā€™t be openedā€:
    ((SOLVED)) "app is damaged and can't be opened" only 2 steps to open the apps on macOS Big Sur - YouTube

2. If you canā€™t connect to your watches try to open terminal and paste command:
    chmod 755 /Applications/GalaxyWatchStudio.app/Contents/tizen/tools/sdb

2 Likes

Thanks for your detailed response. Sounds like an open source project to get GWS running on macOS Big Sur.

A big issue is if Samsung releases a ā€œBug Fixā€ that isnā€™t a simple install and adds other bugs it is worse for Samsung than not releasing anything at all. So all iā€™s needed dotted and all tā€™s crossed before Samsung can issue a release.

Ron

1 Like

Unfortunately, this cannot be called a complete solution to the problem. But this is definitely better than downgrading to the previous version of the OS. :wink:

1 Like

thanks a lot for the fix! After convincing my stupid MAC to install the app it works great and connecting the watch to the app to upload watchfaces is now seamless compared to old versions.
So far I havenā€™t experienced not a problem.

1 Like

I am very glad that everything works) So my work was not done in vain! :relaxed:

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion of your fix, but not sure why I get a ā€œdamagedā€ message when trying to open.
tried on my mac mini 2018, and on my macbook air M1 2021, same resultā€¦
any suggestion?
Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 21.48.26

1 Like

I have the same error on my iMac 2020 and MacBook Air M1 (((

1 Like

Guys, when I said ā€œdonā€™t be lazy to googleā€ I meant that.

1 Like

@r.liechty_SDR
Maybe itā€™s worth pin in the first post two of my messages? Where is the GWS app for BigSUR and where is the video for M1?

1 Like

Sorry about thatā€¦ My first thought was a bad fileā€¦ but followed the steps, now opensā€¦ just need to fix my connection issueā€¦ thanks for the great workā€¦
Cheers

1 Like

Download Tizen studio and take the sdb file from that. This fixed connection issues with Catalina

Here is fuller instructions
install Tizen studio 3.3 and note where it installs to.
Open the location of Tizen Studio ā€œtizen-studioā€ folder.
Open the ā€œtoolsā€ folder within this folder.
Note the ā€œsdbā€ program
Now find your GalaxyWatchDesigner in the MacOS Applications folder.
Right click on the file and choose ā€œShow package contentsā€
Open the ā€œtizenā€ folder
Open the ā€œtoolsā€ folder
Drag the Tizen Studio sdb version of the file and drop in in the tools folder of the package tools folder overwriting the other sdb file.
Close the package
Now you run the designer, it will connect without the sdb error.
Keep a copy of this good sdb file in a safe place just in case you need to do this again after the next update.

1 Like

Thanks Ron, it was just the getting the key to work againā€¦ after few attempts, I was able to get a connection and get my faces back on.
Kudos on agepictures for giving us a workaround until we see the official patch/update.
cheers
Richard

1 Like

I think that it will be enough to correct the permissions.
The sdb binary itself has already been updated there from the tizen studio

Start terminal and paste this command:
chmod 755 /Applications/GalaxyWatchStudio.app/Contents/tizen/tools/sdb

1 Like

Hey There,
Will it work for Big Sur 11.3.1?

Regards,
S.Bali

1 Like