Watch Face Studio Feature Requests

This is the wrong topic you should post in the Galaxy Watch Studio for Tizen topic. But having said that, there is no way to add sound using Galaxy Watch Studio. All you can do is open the music player app.

This was a very popular feature request but GWS is in maintenance mode and I do not expect new features to be added.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like

Thank you, Ron!
Next time will be posting in Galaxy Watch Studio for Tizen
Opening the music player will be the choice for the moment.
Thank you again.
:innocent:

Hi,

Is it possible to add Barometer feature on a face ? For example if the value is 760mmhg, Iā€™d like to show a sun icone. So depending on the value of the barometer, the face shows an icone (cloudy, sunny, orage, etc.).
The same behaviour for the moon phase. Depending on the date, an icone appears (full moon, new moon, etc.).

Best regards,

Lionel

I believe barometer value/tag/info will never be added because its not built in Wear OS feature. Moon phase icons are possible with tag [MOON_PO]/[MOON_TY] & bitmap fonts.

Hi AWF,
Thank you for your response ! Iā€™ve find the way using moon phase.
BEst regards,
Lionel

We need the barometric pressure sensor values. It is available in almost every Wear OS device.

We need at least some options for tuning the watch face settings menu, at least the type and position of complications, the size and position of the inscriptions, a user-friendly interface for choosing the theme color.

See documentation

The pressure sensor is standard on Android and Wear OS. It is perfectly described in the documentation and is present in all the watches I know.

This is not the philosophy behind Wear OS Powered by Samsung (aka Wear OS 3) nor Watch Face Studio. See the**documentation on Complications**

The philosophy for WFS is to have a tool that designers can use to create Personalized Watch Faces with a standard user interface that is compatible with all Wear OS 3 devices.

As for barometric pressure and other sensor information. WFS may be able to access and create tags based on sensors. I can add Tags for Barometric pressure as a request but if they are not supported on all WearOS 3 devices that may not be possible. Also something as simple as the current barometric pressure data may be considered a privacy issue and that adds another factor.

There are Android Studio tools that you may consider if you wish to access and develop watch face apps for Wear OS other than Watch Face Studio.

Ron

This is one thing I canā€™t understand. We hear the same reasoning for the S Health application, which does not have a functional complication for HR. Watch face through complication only shows data from the data provider. This data is not collected in any way, its only showed to the user.

In the meantime, we have been waiting for about 2 months for a simple update of the S Health app, which fixes non-functional shortcuts to activities - ā€œbase functionality?ā€

5 Likes

This means, that watch faces from WFS even for the best equipped advanced smart watch can only be as basic, as for the most lame cheap device in the whole wear OS family? That does not make much sense. Where is the progress? What use is the selection of supported devices in the store, if all have to be supported, no matter if excluded or not? Why does the over standard watch, has to display only minimum common standard on the face?

2 Likes
  1. I meant the awful look of the watch face settings in the watch itself. A small inscription on top, an ā€œokā€ button that covers part of the screen, non-obvious blue lines in places of complications. All this is it.
  2. Google does not consider barometer data as private information, applications do not require additional permissions. I have my apps made through android studio. Nothing is required, not even an indication in the manifest.
    Only: sensorManager.getDefaultSensor(Sensor.TYPE_PRESSURE)
    Even if there is no sensor, then we donā€™t even get a critical error, but only a report to the log, although this error can also be processed.

Hello Herr_Wankel,

I understand your points. I was trying to respond in a generically.
As I said Iā€™ll suggest it.

Ron

I think you misunderstand my emphasis was purely on design over development.

When there was an issue with rejection of watches that did not have on body sensors that was a bug in WFS. You should not have to deselect Wear OS 3 compatible watch brands.

Wear OS has built in checks and when something is not supported it should not be noticeable to the end user. If you try to open a Health function and it is not on the watch it should open a notice asking the user to download the app if it is available.

Ron

1 Like

This is one thing I canā€™t understand. We hear the same reasoning for the S Health application, which does not have a functional complication for HR. Watch face through complication only shows data from the data provider.

This is up to the Health team to create complications. The rest of how Health worked is exactly the same as it was for Tizen Watches when developing them with Tizen Studio. There is not public API.

In the meantime, we have been waiting for about 2 months for a simple update of the S Health app, which fixes non-functional shortcuts to activities - ā€œbase functionality?ā€

They are aware of this.

Ron

I would like to know if it is possible to add a tag for the time elapsed since the latest wake-up, maybe in milliseconds, or equivalently, the fixed timestamp of the latest wake-up. These tags would allow the implementation of short one-time animations/transitions (e.g. fade-in/fade-out) when the watch is woken up.
Thanks in advance,
Andrea

It would be great but I donā€™t know if there is any way to do this. Iā€™ve seen animations that start from Gyro movement but I donā€™t think those work with button press to wake.

Added to requests.

Ron

Two WFS Feature requests:

1. Add option to have multiple complication types (SHORT_TEXT, MONOCHROMATIC ICON, SMALL_IMAGE) in one complication spot / element - same as Google Fit watch face does
screenshot_ 8-31-54 screenshot_ 8-32-18 screenshot_ 8-32-39 screenshot_ 8-36-08

Currently working state - only one complication type can be used, means user cannot set RANGED_VALUE type indicator like ā€œchance of rainā€ in SHORT_TEXT complication spot. Merging multiple complication_types in one element would allow it.

2. Making default color setting ā€œcolorfulā€ and making #FFFFFF really white /adding forced white color setting
This can be harder to explain. Currently, when we select the white color #FFFFFF, an element such as MONOCHROMATIC_ICON or every other element is displayed in color.

Now icon on watch looks like this: s1

But with default on #FFFFFF (or forced white?) it should look like this s2

Can we get #FFFFFF - FORCED WHITE setting ? So when #FFFFFF is selected then color of the icon stays always white ? (Same as when setting #000000 - color of element is set to black)

@sinjae @phdzor @catherina00

What do you think ?

2 Likes

I believe that this would be a Platform issue. It looks like it may be possible to write a complication that fits all types that may be what you are seeing see the information on Complications here.

WFS just includes the complication classes it does not create the complications. But I can pass it on the WFS team and they can pass it on to the platform team.

Ron

Ron

Hi

A new complication ( who allows to change pictures for any date (example : change picture when the date is wifeā€™s birthday)ā€¦There is actually this for a whole day (by second, minute, hours) with the LAYER TIMELINE. So itā€™s equal a LAYER for DATE.

Thank you.

A problem with that is that there are 40 calendars and WFS supports 14 Calendars.

You can probably do this with the photo image complication if you are doing this for your own personal use ā€¦
You can use this tag [MON_DAY] to show or hide an image based on a specific day
It work from 1.0 to 12.999 where the fractional part of the number is the percentage of the month. (youā€™d need a second tag for February to add a day).

Ron